Friday, February 17, 2006

Nancy's World... In Her Own Words

Nancy has finally come of age. That's to say she's reached fourteen months, the age where, as you'll know if you've read all my previous posts, (and if not why not?) my parents counted up the words I said and wrote them down.

I posted Jack's list for the insight I think it gives into the way a just-over-one-year-old's mind works. I find it fascinating. But then I am their Dad. If you don't, please forgive me for this self-indulgence and skip to the next blog entry.

Both Jack and Nancy seem to know loads more words than I did at that age. So either my kids are much cleverer than me (which is perfectly possible) or my parents weren't as anal as me in noting them down (which is also perfectly possible).

Over to Nancy....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mummy
Daddy
Manma (grandma)
Da-dad (granddad)
Tree
Star
Butty (button)
Ball
Apple (an apple or any fruit)
Car
Teddy
Pretty (anything shiny)
Doll
Baby (any baby or herself in the mirror)
Eeveen (Evelyn)
Albar (Albert)
Cat
Baa [sheep]
Mulk (milk)
Hot tea
Cup
Pot
Teatime
Breakfa (breakfast)
Mm mm (I’m hungry)
Bamboo
Hi ya
Tis (yes it is)
Bye Bye
Hair
Oh Oh (dropped something)
Ears
Dropped it Book
Poo
(Fish mouth shapes) [fish]
Pop (Mr Pop toy)
Wow wow wow (in excitement)
Bread
Shoes
Toast
Nana (I’d like a banana)
Botty (bottle)
Music
Bird
Tweet Tweet [bird]
Box Ta (hands something to you)
Broc-li (broccoli)
Cot
Archie
Painting
Teeth
Aaaah (gives a cuddle)
Head
Boo
Cut it
Dig dig (digger)
What’s that?
Muck (any Bob The Builder toy)
Hair
Sticky
Yoghurt
Cheese
Cheers (holding up her cup)
Bubble
Bat (bath)
Up (meaning I want to go up or get down)
Out (I want to get out)
Picture
Bob-oo (Bob The Builder)
Tellys (Teletubbies)
Dance
Steps (toddling to you)
Good girl
Juice
Hat
Duck
Bib bib bib (put my bib on)
Door
Tick tock [clock]
Clip clop [horse]
Tractor
Brm brm [car]
Toot toot [train]
E-I-E-I-O (Old MacDonald chorus)
Hot
Chip
Ooh Ooh Aah Aah [monkey]
Os-car
Putty (Puppy – Albert’s toy)
Mogs
Archers (when she hears the theme music)
Get it (I’d like to…)
Touch (I’d like to…)
Moo [cow]
Miaow [cat]
Ee-ore [donkey]
Up-down (going over a speed bump)
Pat
Jocko
Potty
Ready (is my breakfast?)
Roar [lion]
Ee-ee [mouse]
Oink [pig]
Dee-dar (fire engine)
Fork
Pepper
Water
Emma
Bed
Bunny
Percy (all Thomas The Tank Engine trains)
Biscuit
Bounce
Bowl
Nap nap (nappy)
Who-woo [owl]
Ann’y (Andy)
Kate
Zip
Wee (spinning something round)
Purple
Hop Hop [frog]
Straw
Caw [parrot]
La-la
Po
Dipsy
Noo-noo
Man
Tis is (what is it?)
More
Dark
Put-it (I want to wear it)
Aah-aah [seagull]
Boy
Drink
Straw
Fruit bar
Walk (I want to walk)
Night night
No

Total: 144 words

UNDERSTANDS another 20+ including:

Where’s…?
Funny (laughs)
Wave
Eyes
Nose
Mouth
Tummy
Tickle (tickles her own chest)
Night night
Sit down
Lie down
Bounce
Clap (locks hands together)
Brush
Eat it
Push
Kiss (says “mmm”)
Chair (her high chair)
Put it in
Laugh
Singing (says “laa laa laa”)

12 Comments:

Blogger Daddy D said...

Hmmm

My daughter will be 11 months soon and the fact that she could possibly be using those words you just listed in 5 months scares me!

- Jon
- Daddy Detective
- www.daddydetective.com

1:14 pm  
Blogger Wood said...

I'll have to see what little Dave comes up with in a few months.

4:41 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Wow, you are very observant. My wife does the same thing. Then she compares which kid knew what words when. Me I figure the will figure it out before kindergarten.

4:18 pm  
Blogger Hapi said...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

9:29 am  
Blogger Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

9:30 pm  
Blogger Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory

12:00 pm  
Blogger natasha said...

Watch Natsha Naked!

3:00 am  
Blogger indavao said...

hi... just dropping by!
http://www.fileafro.com
http://mobileandetc.blogspot.com
http://kantahanan.blogspot.com

2:46 am  
Blogger tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

10:00 am  
Blogger JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

4:35 pm  
Blogger joven said...

thanks,this is my site
http://kaminyoon.blogspot.com/.. be a follower..more wedding ideas!

1:00 am  
Blogger joven said...

http://loveumuch143.blogspot.com/..learn how to love more deeper...be a follower..thanks..

1:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home